Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sahara Mahala

I've been in an interesting place lately. I've been going through a lot and my journey with sobriety has been tested.

Being hard is sober -- not because I want to be messed up but because being messed up is prevalent in your mid-20s.

This week has been exceptionally hard given that it is SXSW and beer and liquor have literally been given out for free. Going to see a show and having to turn down free beer while your friends get to drink is...an interesting experience.

It's okay though. It's given me a different perspective and reacquainting with my normal self has been refreshing. Not having alcohol as a crutch has definitely made me feel stronger and taller.

In other news, here's a live performance from the Jezabels. I got to see them perform last year at SXSW one drunken afternoon.








No comments: