Friday, March 2, 2012

These Patterns




"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure." -- Peter Marshall


I would be lying to say that I am happy right now.

I am not happy.

I am scared.

I am about as far away from my dreams as I've ever been. My camera lens is in the shop. My professional website has been hacked. I'm in a job that is consuming my life and all I want to do is weep into the nearest breakfast taco I can find.

I have been feeling a lot of pressure lately.  I can blame my job for it but really, when it comes down to it, it stems from me.  I have these ideas of what I want to be doing and who I want to be and if I don't fulfill these ideas, I severely punish myself.  It's a huge waste of energy and I need to stop it.

But since there are no breakfast tacos around, I will simply be brave, figure something out and keep pushing through this particularly difficult mile I am facing.





No comments: