Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Self Portrait 2011


Self Portrait 2011
Austin, TX
1.28.11

I never realized how important self portraits were until I really started to take some time to work on myself. A little over a year ago, I decided it was time to let go of some things and really and truly be honest with myself. It's been an amazing journey but I can now say I am a completely different person. Same soul, just more in tune with myself and the people around me.

Anything worth doing in life takes time and hard work.

I can honestly say that I have been experiencing the benefits of working hard and being patient and taking the time to take care of yourself. There is a difference between being selfish and respecting yourself. Too many people confuse the two and I am so glad I have become aware of the difference between them. Life is too short to make excuses for your actions. Just quit the bullshit and change. Taking responsibility for your excuses is the hardest part. After that, everything becomes easy.

The only person you can change is yourself.