Monday, January 16, 2012

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn



My New York trip has come and gone and I am now back in Austin for the time being. I had an amazing time seeing friends, exploring the city, riding trains and eating tons of great food.

This trip reaffirmed my soul that I am definitely in the right place right now. As much as I want to live there, this trip showed me that I shouldn't spend my time wishing to be somewhere else. New York is an amazing place with so many different experiences to offer. I am looking forward to seeing how it will present itself to me when the time arrives.

As for right now, my time is here in Austin and I couldn't be happier.

I took the photo above while I was waiting to see a friend in Brooklyn. I've never read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn but I think I will soon.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Before I went to New York, I had a pre-conceived notion that everyone wanted to leave New York. Boston sang a song called "hitch a ride" and Rancid also did "Olympia WA" both about leaving for somewhere else because NYC was a miserable place lol. I went, and realised that wasn't the case. Although... I'm still slightly terrified. I think I left my childhood anxiety about overpopulation on some street corner near Ocean Avenue.

Curses. I forgot to tell you about the best hamburger I've ever had. It was in New York's commerce district and I wanted you to look it up before you went! It's the kind of burger you only have once in your life, but you spend the rest of your life just trying to remember the name of the restaurant.

Unknown said...

oh my god. i forgot someone already told me the name. thank you gchat convo logger.

http://zaitzeff.com/

best hamburger in the universe.