Friday, February 17, 2012

Bad News Bears



I got some bad news today. My lens needs massive repairs. Moisture got into the lens and now fungus has ruined the inside of it. This makes me very, very sad.

Today has been full of ups and downs. I went for a long walk today across town in the rain. So many things have changed and yet so many things are the same. My dreams and aspirations are changing. What I thought I wanted, I don't want now -- or maybe it's more like I never knew what I wanted to begin with and I keep finding out what I don't want.

It's funny how comfortable I feel when I'm lost.

Photography has been such a huge part of my life for the past 7 years. I studied it in school, shot on my own, dabbled in freelance. It's always been something that I could rely on as an escape. It's been a place for me to dream -- to explore.

Lately though, I've been sitting on a plateau -- not too sure how I got there and not too sure what step to take next. I can't find my place and I'm having a hard time expressing what I want and how I feel.

I need a break...maybe this lens situation is a blessing.





No comments: